Tuesday, December 09, 2008

John Lennon Who?

On December 8th 1980 John Lennon was shot and killed outside his New York City apartment. When I heard this on NPR it went something like….”John Lennon, member of the Beatles rock group…..blah blah blah….” and it struck me as odd that a description of John Lennon and the Beatles would require the inclusion of a description of the Beatles as a rock group. It appears this is no longer information the majority of people have in their brains, but instead, the general public must be told the Beatles are a rock band. Or were a rock band. If the band lives on (as in they release CDs) should we use the past tense? I vote no. But I digress…..the idea that the music of the Beatles now needs to be defined saddens me. That’s all. But cute pictures of Fang eating a treat cheer me up...............

No comments: