Wednesday, October 29, 2008

It's my name and you can't have it


Amy Goodwin has recently been hired by my employer as the director of some kind of internal communication something or other. I keep getting emails meant for her and it creeps me out. I am having an identity crisis of enormous proportions. I thought I was Amy Goodwin….but as it turns out…..I am not what defines Amy Goodwin. Apparently, Amy Goodwin is also an expert in communication. That isn’t me! I suck at communication. I used to take xanax before I had to speak in public. True, I have evolved past that particular issue but I am not an expert…except maybe at awkward silences. You can’t even count on me to return your phone call. I know that many….many….many of us share names with each other….but how many of us work in the same place with people who have the exact same name??? I spent my entire elementary school career as Amy G. because there was always more than one Amy…often three or four of us. So who is Amy Goodwin? I don’t know…apparently Amy Goodwin is an expert in drug abuse and communication…depending on who you talk too.

1 comment:

Captain Nick Sparrow said...

Is she a Dr. Amy Goodwin though?